It's summer and time for a DrupalQue
UPDATE: we have about 4 seats open for this small workshop. Please contact Markus Sandy @ 805-798-0436, or skype msandy for reservations. This workshop is suitable for beginning level Drupal users who have some experience with using Drupal and building websites.
UPDATE 2: Local chef Brian Shae Sveniker has graciously agreed to cater this event. This means that we can offer a gourmet vegan alternative to the usual BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs, which of course we'll also have on hand. Watch for a post on his great menu. Please note the date change from the original posting.
The vloggers are having a VloggerCue, so what the heck! Let's have a DrupalQue. :)
A DrupalQue is two slices of lean Drupal learning, wrapped around a Bar-B-Que. So let's all queue up for some Drupal learning fun on Saturday, June 26th. It's lean, because each session is about one a specific aspect of Drupal.
For our first Que, we'll be giving a brief introduction to using the Views module in the morning session. The afternoon session will be about theming views.
These sessions are aimed at people who want help getting up to speed on specific topics, The first session is aimed at beginners and assumes no specific prerequisites, but you should know what Views is basically for and have a goal in mind for using it. The second session, builds off of the first and assumes a basic understanding of CSS and HTML in addition to a basic understanding of Drupal views, types, displays, settings and uses as explained in the first session. Note that we will not be covering the use of too many views plugins unless specific requests received in time to add that plugin information to the session handouts. Sessions are designed to encourage participant questions on specific uses.
Here is an outline for each session:
Morning Session - Introduction to Using Drupal Views
Example views. Finding and using existing views.
View types. View displays. View and Basic settings.
Page, block, feed and attachment settings.
Fields. Sorting criteria.
Arguments, filters and relationships.
Additional display and style plugins.
Afternoon Session - Theming Views
Blocks, pages, feeds and attachments.
CSS styles common to various views display styles.
How CSS and HTML change with view setting changes.
Theming information and theme template files.
Quick theming aids and tools.
Brief tour: Using Skinr, panels and 960 grid-based themes.
Watermelon photo licensed cc-by-nc-sa by jliba
- THESE ARE SMALL GROUP WORKSHOPS WITH GENERALLY NO MORE THAN 8 PARTICIPANTS. SPACE IS LIMITED.
- YOU MUST HAVE A CONFIRMED RESERVATION TO ATTEND SESSIONS.
- PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE AT THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL AND CAN ATTEND BOTH WORKSHOPS.
- WALK-INS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THESE WORKSHOPS (please come to one of our open Wed night events instead).
- PARTICIPANTS SHOULD HAVE A WI-FI EQUIPPED LAPTOP OR NET-BOOK COMPUTER TO USE DURING WORKSHOP (we may be able to provide a limited number of workstations for participant use if prior arrangements are made).
The first session is from 10:00am - noon. Lunch/BBQ/Swim is from noon - 1pm. The afternoon session is from 1-3pm.
At the same time. there will also be a meeting of the unofficial Drupal widows and orphans group. This group has nothing to do with style sheets and intends to join in on the bar-b-que, but otherwise intends to just relax, hang around the pool, take nature walks, visit Ojai shops, swim, get a massage or partake of the treats and libations offered at the Ojai Dojo Guest House next door while session participants geek out. Dog friendly. Less so for kids.
- Swimming is at your own risk. Clothing is optional. Minors must be supervised by an adult guardian with the understanding that this is an adult oriented event with alcohol present (e.g., we might all have a beer with lunch, jump in the spa and start telling racy Drupal stories).
- Smoking is allowed outside on the decks. Please do not smoke in the Dojo, house or offices. Please watch your butts :)
- Please feel free to bring food and beverages, especially if you have special needs. Sharing is encouraged. Kitchen available.
- Please park on the street outside the gate. Dog friendly with both open and gated areas
- Please be respectful of neighboring orchards and ask before picking. There's plenty, but not all ours.
- Certified massage therapists available with prior arrangement (for your partner foo! you get Drupal!)
- Overnight lodging or camping available. Campers must supply their own gear or make prior arrangements.